11/20/2014

Two More Quick Finishes

My husband also wanted a cover for his kindle. I wanted to sew something this week. So, a cover for him it is.

I have never tried wavy line quilting, so I used my husband as a guinea pig! If it looked a mess, he wouldn't care :) But I soon learned it's kind of hard to mess this technique up. I enjoyed doing this!


I won a piece of laminated fabric many moons ago from Just Laminates and I found the perfect use for it! The top of my card table was getting pretty ragged from the grand kids painting, etc. I took the screws out, removed the old covering and put on the new laminate. It turned out so good and smooth. Sorry for the lousy and fast photos. 


 It is like a new table now :) 

My kids are coming this weekend for a week, I'm so grateful for that! I have a new quilt project all laid out and ready. I'm excited to get started on this one. It involves Jeni Baker fabric, one of my vintage sheet finds (new in the package!) and a Jeni Baker pattern. The perfect combination! I plan to get started after Thanksgiving is over. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday :)

Linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation and Fabric Frenzy Friday at Fort Worth Fabric Studio

7 comments:

  1. Your wavy quilting looks great! And I love what you did to the card table. Mine looks pretty bad, maybe I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! Look forward to seeing more wavy quilting projects:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card table fix looks wonderful, and I really like your wavy quilting. Enjoy your family and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, you always make the coolest stuff! Love the kindle cover and the new table top!
    Hope you can be up and about and have a very good time with your family this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on my blog reading. 😊 These turned out great. I'm going to convert my boys old little blue table for my daughter and didn't even think about doing a pretty laminate. I also love your husbands kindle cover! It's so hard sewing for men but that turned out perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess what Christine! You were one of the lucky winners in my Cookie Fabric giveaway! It's going to make you really miss your chocolate when you sew with it. Email me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wavy quilting looks great. I have yet to try it. But after seeing yours I really want to try it on my next quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are encouraged and appreciated!